Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on our website. To process your orders, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Preferences Information such as order history and email marketing preferences
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use this information to:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you access the Site from your phone. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the mobile site, and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, and we do not authorize the collection of our members' or visitors' personally identifiable information by any third parties for the third parties' use.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lekha’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lekha about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. [For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.]
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lekha, our customers, or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.]
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.